Makallo Sarl, the Country Agent for Artemis & Angel Co. Ltd. in Guinea, has carried out field tests under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to show the benefits of Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant on rice and maize compared to chemical fertilisers. The results were so good that the tests showed that the government could eradicate chemical rice and maize farming throughout Guinea with no reservations. The Field Test Supervisor was very enthusiastic about the results.
In short, the results were essentially the same as we have seen in other countries, such as Nigeria, Thailand, Malawi, Vietnam, etc.
- There were fewer leaves than on chemical rice plants, but there was much more grain on the heads. The yield was 43% higher compared to the chemical rice.
- The rice plants had about 20% more roots; hence, the extra yield.
- The costs for the farmers were 65% lower in 100% organic farming compared to the chemical rice test.
- The stems were much thicker than on the chemical rice plants, and too thick for insects to bite through.
Rice farmers who use the bio-fertilisers continuously also observe the following:
- The taste of the rice is sweeter than chemical rice.
- Rice farmers can stop using chemical sprays completely by the second season because the immune system of the rice plants has become stronger as the soil’s microbial life is restored. After one or two seasons rice farmers stop using the sprays, though they can stop immediately if they wish to do so.
- There are very few pest problems, if any. Because the bio-fertilizers strengthen the immune system of the rice plants and make the rice crops healthy, and increase the vibration emitted by the rice plants, insects do not show interest in the bio-fertilizer rice fields and go and attack weak, chemical rice fields instead, which emit a lower vibration.
- The quality of the rice is much better than that of chemical rice, and it does not break so easily. The DNA of the rice changes each crop, which results in a higher quality of seed. There is no need for farmers to buy (GMO) seeds and to become dependent on international seed companies for their seeds.
- The farmers are able to sell high quality 100% organic rice at a higher price.
- The soil’s beneficial insect life and fertility is restored, and the soil becomes much softer and aerated.
The results in the maize tests in Kilissi produced a 66% higher yield in 100% organic maize farming compared to the chemical maize. Generally, the maize plants had 3-6 cobs per plants compared to the chemical maize, which generally had 2 cobs only.
Here are some photographs of the rice and maize tests: