Note: Further down this page in Section 3 you will find some files, which provide information about the benefits of the bio-fertilisers; some workshop presentations; some field test results; and some files translated into French.
Remarque : Plus bas sur cette page, dans la section 3, vous trouverez des fichiers qui fournissent des informations sur les avantages des bio-engrais ; quelques présentations d’ateliers; quelques résultats d’essais sur le terrain ; et quelques fichiers traduits en français.
Section 1: Understanding the Situation of Chemical Farmers
It is common that farmers are afraid to change over to using 100% organic fertilizers. About 90% – 95% of farmers in any country are chemical farmers, and their family has probably been chemical farming for 20-30 years. That’s all they know. Very few will change over directly as they are afraid of change, afraid of the unknown, afraid of reduced yield, afraid of losing income, etc.
Basically, one needs to understand their fears and to remove them. If they are told the benefits of bio-chemical farming, then they will move from chemical farming to bio-chemical farming and then to 100% organic farming for the following main reasons:
1. The Harmful Effects on the Farmers: Chemical farmers are hurting emotionally, physically, and financially from the effects of chemical agriculture. This is a global problem, and not limited to any one country.
Effect of Pesticides on the Skin of a Farmer
2. The Harmful Effects on the Soil: The soil has become terribly weak and hard as chemical fertilizers and sprays have killed off the micro-organisms of their once fertile soil. These micro-organisms create a strong immune system that protects the crops from disease, but as they have been killed off by soil acidity and chemicals, the immune system of the crops has been weakened, and crop disease is rife.
Effect of soil acidity on crop growth
3. The Effect of Soil Acidity on Crop Growth: The soil has become terribly weak and hard as a result of excessive use of chemical fertilizers and the resulting lack of micro-organisms, and the farmers’ crop yields are lower. To deal with this the fertilizer agents tell them to buy more chemical fertilizer and more sprays, which just makes things worse. The farmers cannot get out of the vicious cycle that they are caught up in unless they phase out chemical fertilizers and sprays. Bio-chemical farming helps them here.
Guinea: The effect of years of chemical agriculture on the soil.
2,000 orange trees are struggling to grow. The soil cannot hold water anymore.
4. The Rising Cost of Chemicals: Add to this the rising costs of chemical fertilizers and sprays, which reduce their profits more each year. Chemical farmers are usually trying to reduce their costs because chemical fertilizer prices keep rising. They have to increase the amount of chemical fertilizer they use each year just to get the level of previous yields as their soil weakens.
Here is a video about the adverse effects of chemical farming.
Section 2: How Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant Can Help a Country
The next generation of agriculture in the world does not lie with chemical fertilizer. It lies with the application of biotechnology to create 100% organic agriculture. The bio-technology of these liquid, microbial bio-fertilisers can change a country’s agriculture from chemical agriculture to 100% organic farming in a way that even hardened chemical farmers, who often do not like change, can accept.
The way to persuade chemical farmers to change to 100% organic farming is by first showing them the benefits of bio-chemical farming, and this is where Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant help. Bio-chemical farming is simply an intermediary stage leading to 100% organic farming. When chemical farmers see the benefits of bio-chemical farming, they willingly make the change to 100% organic farming. Usually, it is a 3-year process.
Effect of bio-chemical farming on maize in Gombe State, Nigeria. The maize (left) is being grown with Urea and NPK. The maize (right) is being grown with Bio-Plant mixed with NPK and sprayed with Pro-Plant.
Treatment: T1 (Bio-chemical with Bio-Plant & Pro-Plant)
Yield/Plot (Kgs): 750 kgs
Yield/Hectare (Kgs): 3,000 kgs
Treatment: T2 (Urea and NPK only)
Yield/Plot (Kgs): 325 kgs
Yield/Hectare (Kgs): 1,300 kgs
Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant enable a country to replace chemical fertilizer farming by making both types of farming widespread – with a higher yield and lower costs. They can take the country eventually to the point where the chemical farmers have abandoned chemical agriculture and willingly practice 100% organic farming.
Using chemical fertilizers in the long-term weakens the soil’s fertility, thereby requiring farmers to use more chemical fertiliser in the following year (at higher prices by then). The fertilizers also kill the micro-organisms in the soil and weaken the natural immune system of the plants so that pests and diseases can attack them easily, which requires the farmers to use toxic pesticides, etc., as a result. The farmers become poorer as the yields decrease and their costs rise. At the same time, the chemical fertilizers run off into the waterways and turn into acids. The health of the people is affected by the chemicals used in agriculture, and this costs the country more money in other ways.
Section 3: Files with Presentations and Explanations About the Benefits of Using Bio-Plant and Plant
1. The Benefits of Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant
2. Some Field Test Results
3. The Benefits of Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant. Workshop Presentations Made in Nigeria in December 2017
1. Abuja, 2nd December 2017 (Short Presentation)
2. Kaduna, 4th December 2017 (Long Presentation)
3.3 How the 100% Organic, Liquid Bio-fertilisers, Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant, will Increase the Crop Yield and Quality, Restore the Soil’s Fertility, and Ensure Food Security – PowerPoint Presentation (Nigeria) – 1 Day – Presentation
3.4 How the 100% Organic, Liquid Bio-fertilisers, Bio-Plant and Pro-Plant, will Increase the Crop Yield and Quality, Restore the Soil’s Fertility, and Ensure Food Security – PowerPoint Presentation (Nigeria) – 1 Day – Handouts
3. Article About the Benefits for Nigeria of Launching the Bio-fertilisers